Google Cloud Platform¶
To deploy VyOS on GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Generate SSH key pair type ssh-rsa from the host that will connect to VyOS.
Example:ssh-keygen -t rsa -f ~/.ssh/vyos_gcp -C "vyos@mypc"
In name “vyos@mypc” The first value must be “vyos”. Because default user is vyos and google api uses this option.
- Open GCP console and navigate to the menu Metadata. Choose
SSH Keys and click
Click Add item and paste your public ssh key. Click
- On marketplace search “VyOS”
- Change Deployment name/Zone/Machine type and click
- After few seconds click to
- Find out your external IP address
- Connect to the instance. SSH key was generated in the first step.
ssh -i ~/.ssh/vyos_gcp email@example.com vyos@vyos-r1-vm:~$