The wirelessmodem interface provides access (through a wireless modem/wwan) to wireless networks provided by various cellular providers. VyOS uses the interfaces wirelessmodem subsystem for configuration.
Every WWAN connection requires an APN which is used by the client to dial into the ISPs network. This is a mandatory parameter. See the following list of well-known APNs:
- AT&T (isp.cingular)
- Deutsche Telekom (internet.t-d1.de or internet.telekom)
Enables or disables on-demand WWAN connection.
Use this command to instruct the system to establish a PPP connection automatically once traffic passes through the interface. A disabled on-demand connection is established at boot time and remains up. If the link fails for any reason, the link is brought back up immediately.
The following hardware modules have been tested successfully in an PC Engines APU4 board:
- Sierra Wireless AirPrime MC7304 miniPCIe card (LTE)
- Sierra Wireless AirPrime MC7430 miniPCIe card (LTE)
- Sierra Wireless AirPrime MC7455 miniPCIe card (LTE)
- Sierra Wireless AirPrime MC7710 miniPCIe card (LTE)
- Huawei ME909u-521 miniPCIe card (LTE)